Chain Length Tolerance
Maintaining an accurate overall length tolerance in attachment chain is essential for conveying and index drive equipment used in such applications as inserting components, product assembly lines, integrated circuit boards and board/paper & packaging amongst many others.
The tolerance of the overall chain length is depending on the chain type and the appropriate international standard:
Single Pitch Chain
- BS Single Pitch Roller Chain - According to ISO 606: 0% to +0.15%
- BS Single Pitch Attachment Chain - According to ISO 606: 0% to +0.30%
- ANSI Single Pitch Roller Chain - According to ANSI: 0% to +0.15%
- ANSI Single Pitch Attachment Chain - According to ANSI: 0% to 0.30%
Double Pitch Chain
- ANSI Double Pitch Roller Chain - According to ANSI: 0% to 0.13%
- ANSI Double Pitch Attachment Chain - According to ANSI: 0% to 0.25%
Tsubaki chain length tolerances are very narrow by nature, however some markets require narrow tolerance chain; in the market often referred to, and marketed as 1/3 DIN or 1/6 DIN length tolerance chain. Tsubaki chain coming from the same production lot is generally complying with these tolerances as a standard; once again our constant, standard high quality. Figure below shows the amount of variation for several types of
chain chosen at random from the same production run.
|Chain Length [m]
||Matched Tolerance [mm]
|< 14 m
||< 3 mm
|14 ~ 30 m
||< 4 mm
|30 ~ 44 m
||< 5 mm
When even more accurate tolerances are required, Tsubaki can offer an effective solution with the Match & Tag Service. This can be useful for attachment chains which have to run parallel in pairs and where a minimum of chain length tolerance is required.
Read more about Tsubaki's Match & Tag Service here.